MEDICAL TOURISM MALAYSIA
IS A PREFERRED DESTINATION
Medical Tourism Malaysia: Excellence in Healthcare and Wellness
Medical Tourism Malaysia: Experience state-of-the-art medical treatments, affordable costs, and unparalleled patient comfort amidst a tropical paradise. Expert medical professionals cater to your needs with specialized options, placing Malaysia among Asia’s top medical tourism destinations.
Embrace the fusion of modern and traditional: Malaysia pioneers the integration of Traditional & Complementary Medicine (T&CM) for safe, alternative treatments, attracting medical tourists seeking holistic approaches. Experience T&CM’s growing influence through established legislation and qualified practitioners, ensuring high-quality, trusted care.
Malaysia, your Asia gateway: Explore this vibrant nation at the heart of Southeast Asia. Close proximity to Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and accessibility to Japan, South Korea, and China makes it an ideal entry point.
Save and splurge: Enjoy excellent, affordable treatments at a fraction of Western costs, leaving ample room for a memorable Malaysian vacation. Collaborations between hotels and hospitals offer customized “post-treatment friendly” packages, featuring accessibility, comfort, and additional perks.
Choose Medical Tourism Malaysia for:
- World-class healthcare at competitive prices
- Expert medical professionals and advanced treatments
- Focus on T&CM and alternative therapies
- Prime location in Southeast Asia
- Unforgettable vacation experiences
Start your journey to health and happiness today! Medical Tourism Malaysia awaits.
FUNCTION OF HEALTH TOURISM
Medical tourism in Malaysia involves traveling for medical treatment or surgery under the supervision of doctors in hospitals and medical centers. After treatment, patients may also seek spaces and curative tourism services, such as spas, to enhance their recovery experience.
A major reason for the choice of medical tourism in Malaysia
The favorable healthcare infrastructures, climate, entertainment facilities, positive service quality of healthcare personnel, and reasonable costs in Malaysia make the cities ideal international healthcare destinations. Medical tourism in Malaysia encompasses two main categories: medical tourism and wellness programs, allowing patients to choose treatments in internationally recognized hospitals and stay for convalescence or recovery periods.
Reason for Medical Tourism in Malaysia
1. High Quality of Care:
Our world-class healthcare quality has and continues to open the floodgates for medical tourism in Malaysia. We offer highly-specialized medical treatment options and state-of-the-art healthcare facilities that are on par with highly developed countries. This is coupled with experienced medical experts who are fully equipped to meet patient demands.
2. Competitive Cost & Packages:
The cost of medical procedures or treatments can be significantly lower in Medical Tourism Malaysia compared to one’s own country or even neighbouring countries like Singapore and Australia. Foreigners can experience world-class infrastructure facilities with comfortable accommodation for a fraction of what they might pay at home.
Medical Tourism Malaysia offers affordable medical packages covering health screening, treatment, accommodation, transportation, and even recreational activities. These cost-effective options are carefully monitored by the Ministry of Health of Malaysia through established ceiling rates, ensuring both transparency and value for money.
3. Treatment Availability & Variety:
Malaysia has cultivated a strong reputation as Medical Tourism Malaysia’s regional hub for specialized treatments in cardiology, fertility, oncology, and even Hepatitis C. Boasting over 33 advanced heart treatment centers nationwide, Medical Tourism Malaysia excels in cutting-edge procedures like multi-slice computed tomography, endoscopic vein harvesting, and heart-assist devices.
4. Culture & Religion:
A multilingual environment that prioritizes the religious requirements of its patients prompts many to seek . Malaysia is the leading global halal hub. Not to mention the rendered by its people who can speak a plethora of languages. This can breach language and cultural barriers to make travelers feel at home.
5. Time Sensitivity:
Foreigners engaging in medical tourism in Malaysia can expect shorter waiting times compared to some countries with an overburdened healthcare system. Furthermore, Malaysia is also accelerating its efforts to digitalize the healthcare industry by conducting tele-consultations to provide continuity in foreign patient care for those who are unable to travel, with medical experts who are fully equipped to meet patient demands.
6. Wellness Programme
offers an impressive array of wellness programs, leveraging on the natural resources widely available in Malaysia. Wellness-based activities that are gaining popularity here are spas, massages, fitness classes, and diet and weight management programs. It covers the physical, psychological, or spiritual areas, giving you a holistic experience in your trip abroad.
allows travelers with a bigger budget to combine their procedures with an extended holiday. After surgery, patients are encouraged to stay for some weeks to recover safely before flying back home. Explore the remarkable treasures and hidden gems in Malaysia, as each state offers a unique experience for all.
8. Continuity of Care
Another thing to consider is the possibility of receiving follow-up care when you return to your own country. For this reason, countries like Malaysia are working on providing an alternative for hospitals to go digital in their practice, that is, with tele-consultation services.
9. Well trained and highly skilled professionals
Most of the doctors in Malaysia have trained, practiced and have been certified in western countries, ensuring a high quality of service and an understanding of the latest developments in the field of treatments. They are highly competent and motivated professionals who keep up with the latest techniques and ever-changing technological breakthroughs of the medical world.
10. Internationally Recognized Hospitals
Common Treatments done by Medical Tourists in Malaysia
Medical tourism Malaysia attracts individuals seeking specific treatment and surgery options for their healthcare needs, with visitors coming from various corners of the globe. The most sought-after treatments include: ( Description attached )
Under Malaysia’s current health tourism promotion drive, 35 private hospitals in the country have been identified to promote Malaysia as a health tourist destination.
Most private medical centers in Malaysia also offer comfortable accommodation ranging from private rooms to suites for single occupancy or more. Room charges, inclusive of meals, vary at medical centers but are attractively priced. Some medical centers even provide highly qualified and trained private nurses and personal butlers at a reasonable cost.
In brief, factors that contribute to making Malaysia a centre of medical excellence in the region are listed below:
- Safe and politically stable country
- Wide choice of world class infrastructure facilities
- Competitive and affordable pricing and favourable exchange rate
- Highly qualified, experienced and skilled consultants with internationally recognized qualifications
- Tolerant multi-cultural and multi-racial Malaysian society accommodates patients of different cultures and religions
- Communication is easy – English speaking medical staffs
- State-of-the-art technology, such as MRI, 64-Slice CT Scan, PET Scanner for early detection of cancer and other diseases, cyberknife which is able to radiate tumors without damaging adjacent vital structures
- Quality and safety system in place, such as ISO and accreditation by the Malaysian Society for Quality in Health (MSQH)
- Recently, the Ministry of Health, Malaysia has set up a Corporate Policy and Health Industry Division to promote medical tourism and related healthcare products including traditional medicine, etc. As such, the Ministry’s promotional efforts are more focused with the support from relevant government agencies and private sector
- Attractive and affordable packages during recuperation period.
To ease entry formalities for patients, the Immigration Department of Malaysia has implements the Green Lane System at main entry points which expedites custom clearance for medical traveler’s. Accompanying family members or friends of the patient can take advantage of their visit to sample Malaysia’s various interesting tourist attractions.
STATISTICS FOR MALAYSIA MEDICAL TOURISM INDUSTRY
EzyHealthcare International offers specialties in various medical disciplines and conducts some of the most complicated treatments worldwide. This gives tourists assurance of quality, safety standards and regulations (laws regarding medical care) within the industry.
Work hand-in-hand to promote Malaysia as an outstanding tourist destination. Showcase Malaysia’s unique wonders, attractions and cultures
The main objective of EzyHealthcare International is to be a common platform of information dissemination where patients and healthcare facilities can find each other. Medical tourism is a two way benefit street for both developed and developing countries as there is inflow of foreign exchange for developing countries and increasing opportunities for local public in terms of tourism for boarding, lodging and various other assistance and services required.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR MEDICAL TOURISM
Advance preparation often results in the best price and thorough research often in the best quality. It is preferable to start at least three months in advance with travel bookings and planning of your treatment. Decide on how long you want to stay. Take the duration of the medical procedure including immediate recovery into account.
- Also take account of the rehabilitation program following the treatment. It may be dangerous to travel too soon after treatment. Refrain from strenuous activities after treatment.
- Your recovery may take longer than expected. Take this into account when planning your trip, for example, by adding a few days or weeks immediately after the estimated rehabilitation period (and have nothing planned during this time). If possible, be flexible in scheduling your trip.
- The priority during your medical trip mainly goes to treatment and rehabilitation. Plan your vacation around it.
- Since Malaysia has a lovely tropical climate, you can have your treatment all year round. The fine weather often also speeds up recovery.
- Check the expiration date on your credit card. Ask for a new one if the card expires during your trip. Activate the PIN feature for the security of your credit card. You can consider increasing the limit temporarily when abroad.
- Check with your bank about the possibilities for quick and easy access to your funds from Malaysia. Should there be a reason for having extra expenses during your stay, it is nice to know how to arrange this in advance. In Malaysia, you can use the ATM almost everywhere. Find out what your daily withdrawal limit is and increase it if necessary.
- Check beforehand what documents are needed for the treatment. Also, check with your health care provider and have them list which documents they want to see upon return to declare any health related expenses.
- Check with your doctor to get a copy of your own medical records. Take this to Malaysia so that you can show it to your specialist if needed.
- Your passport must at least have a 6 months validity after leaving Malaysia.
- Please bring paper copies of all correspondence with the specialists, hospitals, hotels/resorts, flights.If you have a tablet or laptop, you might consider bringing along everything digitally. If anything is unclear on the spot, you can always fall back on your saved data.
Bring your close ones up to date
- Check with your health care facilitator before the treatment, if (part of) the treatment is covered. Determine whether the airfare and hotel costs are also insured. Also check what the conditions are regarding repatriation should something go awry.
- Check with your insurance whether you are covered while traveling to and residing in Malaysia. If you do not have travel insurance yet; get it before your trip.
- Compile a list of key people and their contact details. Besides family and friends, this list should also include GP, treating specialist (in your own country) and other stakeholders.
- In some cases (high-risk operations), it is important to set a will in advance.
WHY MALAYSIA IS A PREFERRED DISTINATION
Provide the best care to your loved one today! Fill up the form below for an inquiries and our Care team will get back to you with the care information you need.
If you’re travelling to Malaysia for medical tourism, you can connect with EZY HealthCare for assistance via email at : Info@Ezyhealthcare.net